One of the first things I wanted to do was go to a Korean BBQ place. I know for all my friends from Korea this may be strange, but after you've been gone a while, you actually do miss that food...even the kimchi:) So here is a shot of me at the Korean place. The food was amazingly authentic. They had the exact same spicy tofu soup, and egg soup as we had in Korea and they even cut the meat with scissor and had tiny cups for the water. It was great! Oh, and we walked there in the rain, so that's why I'm looking a little like a mess:)
We also took one night and went to a Yankee's game. You can do everything in NYC on the train, it was great. Brian met us straight from work and we had great seats. Here's Brian and Steph before the start of the game.
That tall building on the left is Brian's office building. I just think it's cool that he works in Manhattan.
We also had to stop at Steph's favorite gelato place (Grom's)...and I needed a little taste of Italy:) We have a family friend (Mr Rob) who we would always go get snow cones with when we were kids. The snow cone place hat tons of fun flavors, but Mr Rob would always get grape. Nothing new, nothing crazy, just grape! Well, Mom and Dad went to see them the week before coming to NY and they went to get snow cones again. Mr Rob took his picture in front of the menu there pointing at his flavor choice...grape...even 20 years later. So, we took this photo and sent it to him. The favor of the month at Grom's was "Ricotta and Mandrole"...I don't even know what that is, but it's surely not as exciting as grape:)
We took one day and just walked around the city. This was an interesting spot in Riverside park. There are soccer fields and baseball fields along the river. I guess it's not really that interesting, but I just can't imaging growing up there...I feel like all those kids are just going to be cool...just for growing up riding the subway and going to theater. They probably don't even do that, but in my mind they do:)
It was great to see Brian and Steph, and finally see where they live.
No comments:
Post a Comment