The course was super muddy from the rain and I totally fell into a ditch trying to avoid some particularly thick mud on the route. My shoes are already in the washing machine! This race was organized by people here on base and whoever was supposed to measure it didn't get it quite right. A half marathon should be 13.1 miles...this route was 15.2!! So this makes it the longest run I have ever done...nothing like 2 extra bonus miles through the mud!
Chelsey, Rebecca and I have been training together all summer, so this was our last "big run" before the guys get home. We decided to do this one up right, and run for our guys. We showed our love with their call signs "tattooed" (with marker of course) on our arms. We then emailed a copy of it to them in the desert...they would be proud of us.

No comments:
Post a Comment