Friday, August 13, 2010

Staying Cool in July!

July in Italy was hot...really hot! Without AC we were all looking for something to do to get out of the house and stay cool....well we founds "the river". About 20 minutes from the house is Lake Barcis (I posted some stuff about it earlier) and just north of the lake (feeding into it actually) is this amazing river! Mom was so hot she decided she would earn her adventure club badge and jump right in with her clothes on...it seemed like a good idea to me, so I followed suit! Here are some shots from the afternoon of river time...

Mom and I enjoying to water by the waterfall...we climbed up the rocks too...very daring for Mom:)



Before we got into the river we wondered around in this little town called Cimolias. It was a really cute little town with great views of the mountains! Here's Mom and I in front of one of the little churches...we're really on the hunt for good gelato:)



Another shot from the little town...I know we live close to the mountains, but I would LOVE to live that close, it was amazingly beautiful!



OK, back in the river...see I told you Mom climbed on the rocks! It was so great, we will be going back here evety summer from now on!



A different area on the same river...this spot was further up and on the "main" river rather than a branch, so the water was way cold! Gorgeous, but cold! (you can tell by the color).



Mom working hard in one of her first days of retirment;)


1 comment:

  1. I love this post!!! You two look like you are having so much fun. We are totally renting that mountain house when we move to Italy one day. If we move to Italy... :)

    Also, something I do to help my pictures upload faster is I open them with Microsoft Picture Manager and resize them to 15 to 20 percent of their original size in a separate folder (so I still have the big images for printing or editing or whatever). Then every once in awhile I delete all those small files since they were just for my blog anyway. It helps things go MUCH faster. You may already do this, but I thought I'd tell you about it because I love seeing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete